Here is the fabric I started with:
I cut it up and realized that I didn't quite have enough stars for a full layout and decided to add extra background. I love how it turned out!
My initial thought had been to slice up the circles into pie shapes, but then I realized that would be rather boring. So I added some of the white background into the mix and got some fun designs.
The flowers are quilted in white thread using a flowerish pattern. The background is quilted with leaves (from Angela Walters). I think of it as ground cover. It is quilted with a thread that is fairly ugly on the spool - brown and green variegated. But it was perfect for this.
The back is a minky. The colors don't really match, but the theme does. The original fabric was full of butterflies and dragonflies and flower-type things.
As with all my blankets, I bound it in sateen. I thought it was a bit more coral in the store, but when I got home it seemed pink. Ah well, it still matched well.
The baby should be here any day now, so I'll get it send off soon!
Linking up with TGIFF and Finish it up Friday. Finishing this was also my November ALYoF (#54). I love finishing a little early and feeling like I can work on anything or everything for a few days.