Monday, August 24, 2015

Matching Pillow

It's been on my list for quite a while, but I finally finished up a pillow from my Fractured wall hanging scraps.  (ok...I ran out of the scraps and had to make some scraps and wait for the cedar chest cover to finish up too for more scraps.)


I just took pieces and put them together, and them kept doing that until I got a rectangular(ish) piece.  Then I put the rectangles together.  I didn't read anything about improve piecing ahead of time...it might have been a good idea, but it ended up turning out fine.  I did have to make an extra cut because I looked at the first final product and there was a row of really large pieces that stood out.  But by that time I had kind of learned...if you don't like it, cut it up and try again.

I backed it with some minky.  My son hasn't discovered this yet and has just left the pillow alone.

 And here it is in its home, near Fractured.

Linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday, Fabric Tuesday, TGIFF, Whoop-Whoop Friday, Finish it Up Friday

7 comments:

  1. What a great use of scraps! I really like the energy the design has been given with all of the angles you have incorporated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I have some small scraps left over from a baby quilt . . . real small . . . was thinking of sewing them together something like this. Not sure I can because they are so tiny but some day I'm going to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome! I love it! Great job. :) I am about to embark on an improv journey with my Quilt Con quilts so this is encouraging to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you've done and love that you didn't throw any scraps out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, great idea to use minky as the pillow back! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This pillow!!! WOW. I saw it featured on Fabric Tuesday. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This pillow!!! WOW. I saw it featured on Fabric Tuesday. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!