Wednesday, August 5, 2015

August rollover

1.  Baby quilt, boyThis is my goal for August's ALYoF (#52).  It's a design of my own, but the last time I did it was when I was just starting to quilt.  That time I lost a lot of my points and I was wondering if this time would be better.  It wasn't.  I still lost a lot of my points, but since I lost so many I'm just going with it.  I will probably try to do this again in the future, but doing more math and more trimming to make sure everything can come out ok.

It might look almost done right now, but there is a seam in the middle that needs to be "dealt" with and will involve some unpicking and smashing into submission.  There is also a seam near an edge, but I think that one should be pretty easy to deal with.

Other things that are still in progress that I worked on this past month...
2. Sunset wall hanging.   I started hand quilting.  I would have done more on vacation but brought the wrong marking utensils.

3. Baby quilt, girl.  This is finished!  I just need to take pictures of it.  I can't believe I haven't managed to do this for a month.

4. QST.  The middle is all quilted and I need to do the borders.  I am going to finish this one before I quilt my primary goal, so it should get done this month.  Below the bottom is shown, because it's easier to see the quilting.

5. Rainbow log cabin.  I started this as another leader/ender project.  It will be a small wall hanging.

Other items on which I didn't make progress this month...
6. Pillow for family room. 
7. scrap quilt. 
8. Simply solids bee quilt.  So while I didn't make any progress on this, I did discover that I don't know what solid my blue is nor where to get any more.  So I need to make some creative decisions.
9. map wall hanging.  
10. Baby girl quilt - possibly stack and whack
11. Space robot quilt.
12.  Pluses quilt. 
13. Orphan rocket block 
14. Quilt nautical quilt   
15. Quilt Christmas quilt 
16. Jeweled floors. 
17. Lost piece (almost whole cloth quilt). 
18. Winter quilt. 
19. Baby quilt. 
20. A small pouch.
21. A door stop. 

2 comments:

  1. Your 'long' list of no-progress projects made me smile! We quilters are a lot alike, lol! I couldn't bear to put my list like that on paper, never mind on my blog, egad! Your QST is beautiful. I love your phrase "smashing into submission" Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great design, though challenging. Thank goodness babies don't care whether points remain or not. Though, yes, that urge to get 'em right remains. There is a lot of color and contrast to exercise baby eyes. https://knitnkwilt.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!