Sunday, April 5, 2015

He is Risen!

He is Risen!

He has risen indeed!


I finished the quilt in time for Easter, as I was hoping to do.  The fabrics were given to me by my aunt, who loved the fabrics but didn't have the time to make them into a quilt.  So I'll be able to give it to her tomorrow.  It was my first time really playing with value and it was a ton of fun!  I will have to do it again sometime.


The cross is quilted in brown thread with a wood grain pattern.  There are lines (like sunshine rays) coming from the center of the cross (a gold metallic thread on the top and a red/orange/yellow varigated on the bottom) symbolizing the new life that Jesus gave us.  I had quilted a white cloth over the cross at one point too, but it didn't look right.  I think it would have been better to applique it on,  but since I've never done applique and had a deadline I didn't do it.  The cross is still empty - that's what matters.
There were a few prominent wrinkles in the back, but since it is so loosely quilted they aren't too obvious.

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!