Thursday, April 14, 2011

Quilt 5: top finished

I finished the top! You'll notice some additional triangles overlayed on some of the bigger triangles.


I also got more fabric. The back for the quilt above, and fabric for two more quilts. (There's a spring break sale at all the fabric stores.) I know what I'm doing with the colorful solids...they will be part of a quilt with those black polka dots from a while ago. I have some ideas for the white/grey quilt, but I keep changing my mind with exactly what I'm going to do.

P.S. Should I quilt it using white thread or pink thread?

9 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I think I'd use a variegated thread to stitch it -but lay all your choices across the triangles first and see which one you really like... Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is great! Love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat way to cut back on those big triangles, clever girl! The colors are great, eager to see how you quilt it. I agree with the variegated threads idea. Whoop Whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt. Love that block. Unique! Those bright colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful quilt!! I agree Sarah and Brita, variegated thread would look great, else I would use white, makes it sparkle a bit! nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I would use a goldy yellow thread. There's more yellow than anything other colour and it would tie all the disparateness together. I often find white to be too jarring a colour for the stitching. No to the pink thread for sure, in my opinion. Definitely lay thread down over the quilt and take a look. What you find is often surprising.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whatever color you use, it will be awesome! Love the design:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Use a varigated thread. It will be fun, like your quilt. Whoop! Whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool...love what you did with the triangles! I would use a pink thread.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!